Thursday, August 2, 2007

"The days are long, but the years are short"

That saying is so true! How in the world is it August already? This summer is going so fast. But still some days seem to drag on and on. I love thursdays b/c it means the weekend is almost here (and soon there will be good tv on!). I really look forward to the weekends when Mike is home but I'm trying not to wish away the weekdays. August is a busy month for us. First we have Griffin's 3rd birthday this weekend. He is so excited b/c we rented a bounce house for his party. Too bad it's going to be one of the hottest days of the year :( But the kids won't mind I"m sure. Griffin and Lucas have well check appts, Thomas has an evaluation with an allergist, Thomas and Griffin both have dentist appts, and Mike is having his wisdom teeth pulled. And Thomas and Griffin both have meet the teacher days later in the month. They start preschool on Sept 4. They are excited and so am I ;)


It's starting to hit me that I'm not going back to work. It's weird seeing all of the back to school stuff and knowing I won't be working in a school this year. I am really glad to be home, but I do miss parts of my job. I miss seeing co-workers and I wonder about how some of my former clients are doing. I'm still trying to get the hang of this staying at home thing. When we aren't at dr's appts this month, I'm going to try to get out and do some stuff with the boys. I'm sure they are getting bored staying home so much. I also want to do some things for myself so my brain doesn't turn to mush. My first goal is to read a non-parenting book and actually finish it.

Here's a couple of new pictures.

I'm not sure his cheeks can get any bigger! He's getting so heavy in the carseat already. I have a feeling he'll outgrow it pretty early. That's too bad b/c it's like a sleeping machine for him. He usually falls asleep as soon as we put him in. That definitely works in our favor when we go places!

No comments: