Thursday, October 11, 2007

One year ago today...

I found out I was pregnant with Lucas. We had been trying for a few months so I wasn't really expecting it. I took a test a day (and maybe 2 days) earlier because I thought it would be fun to tell Mike on his birthday, but it was negative. Since I was a testing addict and had some left over I took one the next day. It was a light line and of course I didn't believe it so I had to go buy a digital test on my lunch break at work. I ended up taking it in a McDonalds bathroom b/c I couldn't wait. I was so excited to see "pregnant".


We had a hard time deciding if we wanted to have a third baby, but I'm so glad now that we did. Having #2 was a no brainer for us. I always knew I wanted more than 1 and that I wanted them to be about 2yrs apart. But deciding if and when for #3 was more difficult for many reasons: money, my job, my sanity, the boys, etc... I couldn't get past the feeling that someone was missing from our family and now he's here. I feel like our family is complete now. It is kind of sad though to know that all of his firsts will be the last and that I'll never see a positive pregancy test again.

I can't believe Lucas will be 4 months old this weekend. Time has gone so fast! He starts physical therapy today. I'm hoping it's not too hard on him. His neck seems to be a little better already so hopefully he won't need therapy too long.

No comments: