Friday, November 2, 2007

Funny Conversations

I've had a couple of interesting conversations with the boys. Earlier Thomas and I were talking about going to see Bee Movie this weekend. He's really excited to see it. So I asked him if he thought we should take Lucas too. He said no he should stay home incase he needs to eat. So I told him I could feed him there if he gets hungry. Then he said "You can't do that, you'll be embarrassed", so I told him that I wouldn't then he said "well other people might get embarrassed". Great! My 4 (almost 5!) year old is against nursing in public. LOL! I told him I didn't care and it's dark there anyway. I did ask him if he would be embarrassed and he said no. It surprised me though b/c I've fed him in public before and always cover up really well so I never thought Thomas realized what I was doing and I am surprised he realizes it's something that might embarrass some people.

Then a little later Griffin comes running into the room and shouts at me "Mommy, why don't you have a penis?" It isn't the first time I've been asked this and obviously won't be the last, but it cracked me up. So I just told him "because I'm a girl". His response was "well if you turn into a boy you better go get a penis".

Thomas had his first sick day today. He woke up throwing up this morning. He was devastated that he couldn't go to school. Luckily it seems to have passed by quickly. He hasn't thrown up in a few hours. Hopefully no one else gets it.

1 comment:

VerWaynia said...

Amazing how much kids perceive at such an early age - I can't wait to have funny convos with Evan!