Some people really annoy me! Yesterday afternoon I had to go to my ob (no, I'm not pregnant!) at the last minute for "female issues". I'll spare you the TMI, but I'll say that it included bloodwork and an ultrasound (not the kind over your belly) which was very interesting with 3 kids, especially a curious and worrisome 5 yr old! After the tests, I had to go talk to the nurse practitioner (who I think is new b/c I've never seen her). She looked at me like I had just walked in with 10 boys. She looked at me wide eyed and said "wow, your hands are full..... do you have any help at home?" At this point the boys are being very good, Lucas is chilling in his stroller and the older 2 are sitting together coloring (she was luckily enough to miss Griffin's tantrum in the ultrasound lab, but hey that's what happens when you suddenly have to go to the dr during nap time). Seriously, you'd think working in an ob office she surely has seen people with as many and probably more kids than I have. Then she talked to me about birth control like I was 15. She tried to convince me to get on a pill that I don't want to take b/c it can dry up breastmilk. When I told her why I wasn't taking it she said "well it might do that but he's almost 7mo already". I politely told her that I wasn't planning on weaning him now so that's not an option. And anyway, I wasn't there for birth control! So I'm ok, but have to take it easy for a couple of days. Overall that's fine, but I was on a roll doing the elliptical. I guess it will have to wait a few days.
Saturday, January 12, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
That's totally annoying that she would suggest that you quit bf'ing so that you could go on birth control that you don't even want to be on! What a lame-o.
Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my site, it is about the CresceNet, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://www.provedorcrescenet.com . A hug.
Post a Comment