Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Santa questions

This morning Thomas woke me up asking questions about Santa. I kept trying to change the subject b/c I was not awake enough to think about the "right" answers. This is how our conversation went.

Thomas - Mom, it's morning. How will Santa know we have a baby?
Me - What? Oh, we'll tell him or he probably already knows.
Thomas - We can talk to him?
Me - Uh, yeah we'll tell him in your letter when you tell him what you want or when we see him at the mall. Are you excited for school today?
Thomas - You know, I've been thinking. How does Santa get to everyone's house?
Me - Uh...
Thomas - Oh, I know, he's nocturnal.
Me - Yeah, he stays up all night on Christmas Eve.
Thomas - There are a lot of kids though.

Then I successfully changed the subject to school. I'm sure the questions will come again and I'm trying to get my answers straight in my head now. I remember being young and wondering how he got to all of the kids in the world too.

Then right before school he brought out my mommy guilt. He's good at that ;) I made the mistake a few weeks ago and told him that he would be getting shots at his 5yr dr appt. At the time it seemed like a good idea b/c he did really well for his flu shot and I didn't want to totally surprise him at the dr. So of course he's my child and he's been worrying about it since then. This morning he said "Mommy, you should have never told me about the shots because now I have to worry". Great! I feel bad enough. Hopefully he'll forget about it with all the excitement of his birthday this weekend.

No comments: