Monday, November 19, 2007

Thomas' 5 year check-up

Thomas had his 5 yr check up this morning. He's been dreading it for weeks because of the shots (that I never should have mentioned!!) He is 43inches tall and 42lbs. She said he is doing great! Of course he had to show off for her a little too. She did say that he likely won't outgrow his sleep issues until 8-9. Not really what I wanted to hear. But at least he's healthy and growing well. He had to get 4 shots and was very upset about it. They had 2 nurses do it so they did 2 at a time, which helped. Luckily I didn't have to take the other boys so that made it easier too.

Yesterday we had a small get together for his birthday with the grandparents. It was fun and he got more gifts. Now it's time to start getting ready for Christmas. I have a small start on shopping and hope to get alot more done next week while the boys are at school before we go on vacation.

I finally moved Lucas to his own room this weekend! I really missed him, but it was definitely time. He did great and slept all night!

On a very sad note, my friend D lost her baby yesterday on her due date. My heart is breaking for her. I can't imagine. Please keep D and her family in your thoughts and prayers.

1 comment:

♥.Trish.♥ Drumboys said...

Happy Birthday to your Dear son Thomas - I love that name - is is one of my twins middle names.

I wanted to add I am so sorry for the loss of your friend D's precious baby. I lost my own daughter at 6 months gestation .Her grief is unimaginable. Be there for her as much as she wants you to be.It is harder when people don't say nothing at all - and you feel so isolated.