We started a new family tradition last night. We all went to Toys R Us and each boy (they helped Lucas) picked out a toy for a boy their age to donate to Toys For Tots. We really wanted to involve them so thought this was a good start. Griffin didn't totally get it this year, but Thomas did. Next year we would like to adopt a family if possible.
I've been thinking alot about the traditions I had growing up and what we want for our own family. The main one we took from my family is opening a gift on Christmas Eve. That was one of my best memories. We usually have the boys open pj's and a book. Another one of my favorite traditions as I got older was wrapping presents with my mom while we watched Miracle on 34th St. I doubt the boys will enjoy that one very much so that might have to be a solo thing.
Tonight we took the boys to the mall and to see Alvin and The Chipmunks. It was really cute! I used to love them when I was little. It was at a new movie theater and they were giving away free popcorn!! That saved us some $. It is expensive for all of us to go to the movies!
Saturday, December 15, 2007
Traditions
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment