Thursday, March 27, 2008

He's a grown up!

I have awesome news to share.... Griffin is potty trained!! Finally! He's been doing great for a few weeks and has been wearing undies out in public for about a week. Yesterday was his first day wearing them to school. After school he ran out and proudly told me he used the potty at school. He's so proud of himself. He keeps saying he's a "grown-up" now ;) So this weekend we are going to brave the masses at Chuck E Cheese for his reward. That's what he picked way back when I was bribing him and he hasn't forgotten. Now I can forget about potty training for a couple of years. Hopefully Lucas will go easier on me!

On a different note, yesterday wasn't too bad. The boys and I had a very busy day. While they were in school I took Lucas to get his 9mo pictures taken (I'll post them when I fix the scanner). I planned on going in and getting the smallest package. Well, he was a total ham and the pictures were awesome so I ended up spending a small fortune. Oops! Then we all went with some other families from preschool to That Fun Place - it was really fun. They had a huge play thing like McD's but a lot bigger, an arcade, glow in the dark bumper cars and putt putt. That place happened to be in the same town as the cemetary where my Grandma is buried so we stopped by there and dropped off some flowers since I haven't been since her funeral last year. I wanted to visit my Dad since we were sort of close, but I ran out of time while ordering Lucas' pics so we had to go back to the mall. I also got a new cell phone and lowered our plan by $30!! I'm not using nearly as many minutes now that I'm staying home and Mike just got a work cell phone. Luckily the boys cooperated great all day! I was really dreading taking them to the mall by myself after such a busy day already. The worst/funniest (well to the other mom's we were with) was our bathroom trips at lunch. I made 4 trips in less than 10min. First I had to go and both of them insisted they didnt need to. As soon as I sat down, Thomas had to go and Griffin insisted he didn't need to. Well, as soon as I sat down Griffin had to go. Then Thomas had to go again right after that. That was my exercise for the day ;)

2 comments:

VerWaynia said...

Yeah for Griffin!!!

Michelle Lynn said...

WTG Griffin!

Nothing like breaking a sweat making potty runs ;)