Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Innocence

Here's part of a conversation Thomas and I had before bed tonight:

Mommy, how much does college cost? $100?

Oh, no... it's a lot more than that. Thousands.

Oh man. If there's any left over can I have it?

Uh, I guess, but there probably won't be any left. We are saving as much as we can for you now, but college is expensive so you might have to borrow some (then i realize this is way too much for a 5yo, but he asked, lol) . So yeah, the money will go to school first then you can use the rest to do fun stuff.

What kind of fun stuff do you do in college?

Uh... (thinking of all of the things I don't want him doing in college) just fun stuff with your friends.

Oh, I get it. Like crafts and stuff.

Yeah, crafts.

Mommy, did you go to Daddy's house when you were little?

I went there the first time when I was 15.

Did you play with his Star Wars toys?

No, he didn't have them then.

Then what did you do? Oh, I know. He was hiding them because he didn't want to share.


I love the conversations we have now and watching him try to understand the world. I just registered him for kindergarten today :( He's so excited. In a way I am too, but it's also sad that he's growing up so fast. I can't wait to watch him grow up more, but it will be sad to watch that innocence go away.

4 comments:

Michelle Lynn said...

ROFL. Yep, crafts. :)

Hf said...

too cute!

Daily Verses said...

Yeah, I was totally lame in college, so I mostly did do a lot of crafts. Seriously, I decoupaged a lampshade. Anyway, love the little convo w/ Thomas.

Lynn said...

Too cute! Kindergarten! He's getting so big! I can't wait to have conversations like that with Handsome.