Tuesday, June 17, 2008

15 Years in a Nutshell

I was tagged by Jill for this meme. You are supposed to review the last 15 years of your life in 10 bullet points.


15yrs ago I had been dating Mike for a year. He graduated in 1994 and went to college. He came home almost every weekend to see me. I graduated in 1995.

I graduated from Ball State University in 1999. My major was psychology and my minors were counseling psychology and educational psychology. I got good grades and graduated magna cum laude. I was the president of Psi Chi (national honor society for psychology students) my senior year. I lived with Erica the first 3 years, although spent most nights at Mike's apartment. I lived with Mike my senior year b/c we were engaged and thought it was a waste of money to have 2 places.

Married Mike on June 12, 1999. That same month we moved to the town we live in now. Pretty much picked to live here b/c it 's in the middle of the city Mike works in and the city I was starting grad school in.

Graduated with MSW from IU School of Social work in May 2001. Started working that summer as school based therapist. Worked there until a year ago when I had Lucas. Got my LCSW in Oct. 2005.

We bought our first house in 2000. It was a 3bd room ranch. We loved the house and neighborhood, but after we had Thomas we knew we wanted more kids and needed more space. We moved to our current house in Aug 2003. The moving process sucked! We sold our first house in 4 days so that was great, but the house we were going to buy fell through at the last minute so it was very stressful. Luckily we found this house quickly and his had almost everything we wanted.

I've lost several family members. My mom died in March 2003. I could go on and on about how much that has changed my life but won't right now. My paternal grandpa died in Jan 2005 and my maternal grandma died in Feb 2007. Thought I was going to lose my dad in April 2001, but luckily he's ok. He was in a bad motorcycle accident and was lifelined to Indianapolis.

Became a mom on Nov 17, 2001 when Thomas was born.

We knew we wanted at least 2 kids and wanted them around 2yrs apart so we started trying to get pregnant again when Thomas was 10mo. I got pregnant right away, but had a miscarriage. Then I got pregnant with Griffin unexpectedly right away. He was born Aug 5, 2004.

When Griffin was getting close to 2 we decided we wanted to have one more baby. Lucas was born on June 14, 2007. I am so glad we decided to have another baby. Having 3 boys is so awesome! It can be crazy, but it's awesome :)

We've travelled a lot over the last 15 years. Before kids we went to Florida several times, L.A., San Francisco (when I was 4mo pg with Thomas), London and Paris, Virginia Beach, and a few other places closer to home. I also went to visit Erica when she was studying abroad in Sweden and we flew to Italy (went to Rome and Florence). My mom and I went to London and Paris on spring break my senior year of college. I also went to Savannah with Erica and Angela our senior year of college. And then there was the Greyhound bus trip to Panama City our senior year of high school. Since having kids, we've been to Disney World, Siesta Key, Cincinnati, Maggie Valley, NC, and Myrtle Beach. We plan on doing a lot more travelling with the boys and some w/o them ;)

I'm going to tag Cassandra, Sonja, Jeanelle, Hf, and Bethany. I know a lot of ppl have done this one so sorry if you've already been tagged.

3 comments:

VerWaynia said...

That's been a busy 15 years!!

Daily Verses said...

Thanks for playing! You've really done some great traveling. I'd love to go to Italy.

Becki said...

Very fun! I've been to a few of your travel destinations :)