Today is our 9 year wedding anniversary! How has it been that long?! Just like everything in life it feels like it was just yesterday, but when I think about how much our lives have changed since then it feels like forever. I was 22 when we got married and now that sounds so young. But we had already been together for 7 years at that point so we didn't see the need to wait any longer. I looked back at our wedding pictures today. It's strange to see the people who are no longer in our lives like my mom, grandma, and grandpa. I'm so glad they were all at my wedding. It was a great day, topped off by a great honeymoon to Cancun. Oh, how I wish we were going there tomorrow :) We ARE planning a short vacation for just the 2 of us for our 10 year anniversary next year. It WILL happen. We were just talking about it tonight and Mike questioned if I would really be able to leave the kids for a few days. YES, Mike I will ;) We've tried to get away alone a few times and it just hasn't happened for whatever reason. I'm going to try to get it planned early to insure we go. Right now we are thinking maybe a cruise or NYC. Someplace we wouldn't want to take the kids. Feel free to give me any other ideas you have! We celebrated this anniversary twice. First we had a date on our vacation. Since we were with Erica and Jamie and their anniversary was this week too, we took turns having a date night. We went to an awesome seafood buffet. Delicious! Tonight we had Mike's parents watch the boys so we could go to dinner alone again.
We have a busy weekend coming up with a birthday party and Father's Day. I can't believe tomorrow is the last day of Lucas officially being a baby :(
Thursday, June 12, 2008
9 Years
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Happy Anniversary!!!
Good for you - can't wait to hear about planning for next year's trip :)
Happy Anniversary!! Definitely get that trip planned now, you know how things come up - esp money! Every time I think I have something in mind I also thing, "but we could use that money on this or that" - Just do it!!
Post a Comment