Monday, July 28, 2008

My date with Thomas

Yesterday, Thomas and I had a day out together. It was so nice getting to spend some one on one time with him. We had some school shopping to do - new backpack, tennis shoes, and school supplies. The only things we actually got were the school supplies. He wants a Ben 10 backpack and we couldn't find one. And they didn't have the shoes we liked in his size. We also bought Griffin a birthday present from Thomas. He had so much fun picking it out. The funnest part of the day was having lunch together. It was fun to sit there and talk to just him. He's really excited about starting kindergarten, especially getting to ride the bus. I'm excited for him, but it's going to be sad too.

Griffin was upset that he couldn't go with us. I have a special day out with him planned too. We are going to a movie in a couple of weeks when Thomas is in school and I can have my mother in law watch Lucas.

2 comments:

VerWaynia said...

That's really sweet!

Anonymous said...

I think that's a great idea. that's one of the things that they do on Jon and Kate Plus 8 to make sure that their twins and sextuplets all get some one on one mommy/daddy time. I think all parents should try to do that once or twice a year at least(depending on how many kids you have)