Thursday, September 18, 2008

Things you learn in kindergarten

Yikes, my little boy is growing up! Last weekend I took Thomas to Target to buy a birthday present for a friend's party. We were looking at the toys and I said something was "cool". He promptly corrected me that "it rocks". Then a few minutes later he said a toy was "sweet". It made me laugh, then I felt a little sad that he's growing up. Then yesterday he gets in the car when I pick him up from school and he starts singing "ABCDEFG, Barney is my enemy...." it gets worse after that. He proudly told me he learned it at school. Lovely! Luckily he's also learning lots of good stuff in school too! It's amazing in the short month that he's been there how many new words he can read and spell. I'm just not quite ready for all of the non-educational stuff he's going to be learning.

1 comment:

Unkempt Mommy said...

Hee hee - that's cute. Well...sort of cute, anyway. I'm sure it's hard to hear your little guy repeat things you don't want him to.

I wanna hear the rest of that Barney song. LOL :)