Monday, September 15, 2008

15 Months

Lucas turned 15 months yesterday. In my mind, he's a toddler now. Techinically I know he was before, but until he started walking he still seemed like a baby to me. Now all of the sudden he seems like a big boy. He's really got the walking thing down great. He went from a few steps to walking all over the place a lot faster than the other boys did - I'm sure because he waited so long to start in the first place. He "talks" a lot. Most of it is jibberish but his newest words are "shoes" and "cheese". His favorite things to play with right now are balls and cars. He will also "dance" on command now which is adorable. Overall, he is sleeping better. He has slept all night about half the nights over the last couple of weeks, but then he'll have nights like last night when he was up 6 times! We are working on weaning from breastfeeding. We are mostly down to just before bed (and in the middle of the night if he's up). I'm not in a huge hurry to cut out the night time feeding, but I would like at least a few months of not breastfeeding before the baby comes. For myself and to give Lucas a chance to (hopefully) forget about it so he won't be upset when I'm nursing the baby.

Over the last couple of months, Lucas has become quite the Daddy's boy. It's probably a coincidence, but it seemed to start around the same time that we found out we are having another baby. He gets so excited when Mike gets home and "yells" at him until he picks him up. And when Mike is here, Lucas demands his attention. It's cute, but sometimes it makes it hard for Mike to do other things. At first it made me a little sad, but maybe it's a blessing in some ways with the new baby coming. Thomas has always been a Daddy's boy and it seemed to help when Griffin was born.



Lucas has his 15 month appt on Friday, so I'll update then with stats and any other info.

No comments: