Mike went back to work today and the boys go back to school tomorrow. Surprisingly I'm not ready for any of them to go back. Mike only worked 4 days over the last 2 weeks and he never gets that much time off where we just stay home. It was really nice! And he painted the upstairs bonus room for us. The boys loved having him home more and really miss him today. Lucas has no clue why he's not here and was saying "Daddy" all morning. Thomas and Griffin have been getting along a lot better than usual so I don't feel ready for them to go back to school like I expected to. And we've all got in the habit of sleeping in a little. I'm just a little sad that the holidays are over (and then there's that disappointing Colts loss). But now it's back to reality!
Monday, January 5, 2009
Back to Reality
Starting tomorrow I am limiting Thomas' time on the Wii (not sure how much time he'll get yet), but he would do it ALL day if I'd let him. Griffin doesn't do more than about 15min at a time so I don't need to worry about him yet. We also started new chore charts for both of them and if they do it then they will earn allowance. We've been meaning to do this for a long time but finally sat down and did it. We are making them save and donate a small part of it which they aren't thrilled about yet, but we think it's important. And Mike and I came up with what we thought was a fair amount for allowance but when we started talking to them they had a lower number in mind so we went with it ;)
Now I need to start focusing on things I want to get done before the baby gets here. We really don't have that many baby related things to do. Two of the boys will have to share a room but we are still trying to decide who it will be. Since the baby will be in our room for a few months, I'm not worrying about it for now. Really all I think I need to do is get out the clothes and other baby stuff. I don't think we need to buy much, probably just diapers maybe a couple of outfits depending on what we already have. Oh, and we need to decide on a name. I do have a lot of other things I'd love to get done before he gets here. I need to catch up on the other boys' baby books and journals. I need to catch up on printing pictures (I'm seriously behind). I have lots of organizing and decluttering that needs to be done. I can't believe how fast this pregnancy is going. I know he'll be here before I know it. I go to the doctor this week and then I start going every 2 wks. Overall I'm feeling pretty good right now so I need to get started on some of this stuff before I get to the uncomfortable stage. Which based on my last pregnancy, could be anytime. It's so strange that this is my last pregnancy. Not that I want to do it again (we're taking permanent measures to make sure this is it), but I'm kind of sad to know that after this I'm done being pregnant forever.
Now that I'm done rambling. Here are some pics from the last week (sorry can't get them laid out the way I wanted).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment