Sunday, May 24, 2009

Kindy 500 and Preschool Graduation

Griffin's preschool graduation was last week. He was really excited about it. They sang several songs during the graduation and he had been practicing them for weeks. One of them was "I Am a Promise" (Veggie Tales). He sang it ALL THE TIME at home - I'm not sure I'll ever get it out of my head. Friday was his last day. He'll be in pre-K next year since he misses the kindergarten cutoff by a few days. I think he's looking forward to it now, he was upset since some of his friends will be in kindergarten. I think it will be better for him being older when he starts.

Thomas had "Kindy 500" on Friday. It's sort of the kindergarten's version of field day. All of the kids were given a cardboard box to turn into a car. He (and Mike!) had fun making it. They had a parade and race at school for parents to watch. It was cute. He has 3 days left of school. I can't believe how fast this year has gone!