One year ago today, my Grandma passed away. She had a stroke about 2wks earlier and was not responsive. That day they had just moved her to a nursing home and she passed away while my Grandpa was still filling out her admission paperwork. It was really difficult, but I was relieved. Since she was not responsive, it wasn't any way to live and it was so hard on my Grandpa. Once again though I was reminded how fast life can change. One night I was talking to her on the phone about the boys and my pregnancy, the next day she is lying unresponsive in a hospital. We were always very close. I am an only child and so was my mom, so that made me an only grandchild. She REALLY spoiled me growing up. I used to spend the night with them every weekend. I have so many wonderful memories from my childhood that include her. Her heart was broken the day my Mom died and she was never the same. We talked on the phone daily after that, for the first couple of years it was 2x/day. We didn't have much to talk about and the conversations were pretty much the same everyday, but she was so lonely. She was really excited about me being pregnant and it makes me sad that she never got to meet Lucas. I really miss her, but I know that she is in a better place and she is finally with my mom again.
Thursday, February 28, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
It's so awesome that you 2 were so close. A lot of people aren't that close to their grandparents, but I am...so I could just feel your pain in this heartfelt post. My grandma isn't getting any younger and her health is all that great...but I still know it will break my heart into a million pieces when she passes away.
{{hugs}}
I'm so sorry. I know it's hard. I miss my grandma dearly. :o(
Post a Comment