John McCain won in Thomas' class today. He'll find out the school wide results tomorrow. I think it's great that they are learning about elections and the role of the President in school. What I don't think is great is that Thomas came home today with his graph of his class's results and he had written "Obama does not believe in the Bible" on it (in his way - more like Obama dus not biliv in the bibl). Apparently one or a few (I've gotten about 5 different stories) of the "McCain supporters" in his class were discussing this. THEY ARE 5 AND 6!! So obviously some parents are teaching lies about Obama to their kids and their kids are sharing with the class. So I had a long talk with him and I'm deciding what to do next. I think I'm going to email or call the teacher. He has a big class so there's a real good chance she has no clue this conversation was going on and I think she should.
Monday, November 3, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment